Nominations for the Municipal Elections to be held Monday, October 22, 2018 will open May 1, 2018.
2018 Nomination Notice - Head, Clara & Maria
To see if you are on the Voter's List - check out Voterlookup.ca!
General Ontario Election Information for 2018 may be Located on the Ministry of Municipal Affairs Website. MAH will be at the Chalk River Fire Hall 31061 on July 4 at 7:00 p.m. to provide an information session to candidates and the general public. Everyone Welcome. See details in this poster.
Specific MMA documents include:
- MMA Voter's Guide
- MMA Candidate's Guide
- The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 - election law in Ontario
- Guide for Third Party Advertisers
- MMA's Municipal Councillor's Guide - to see what a Councillor does
HCM and Other Agency Documents
- Head Clara & Maria Municipal Elections Policy and Procedure - 2018 - Updated April 30/18
- Head Clara & Maria Election Calendar - 2018
- AMCTO Candidate's Guide to Accessible Elections
- New for 2018 is the Municipal Election's Sign By-Law and the County of Renfrew Sign By-Law
Council at its meeting of Tuesday, April 17, 2018 has declared a seat vacant after a resignation. If you are interested in being appointed to this position, please review the attached, and submit your application by the deadline.
The Deadline for submission to the Municipal Clerk is May 4, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Please note the following from the Municipal Elections Act...
14. A document that is filed with an election official under this Act and that is required to be signed shall bear only original signatures. 1996, c. 32, Sched., s. 14.
A Form 1 or Nomination Paper may be located on the Ontario governments - Central Form Depository located at this link.